One great thing about Park City is it is so Eco Friendly. And one of the most popular ways to be eco friendly and get around town has returned! Park City’s E-Bikes returned April 28th! Please see below to find out more about this great program!
Article By Michaela Wagner
If you were a fan of the electric bike share system Park City installed last summer, we have good news for you: the Summit Bike Share, which officially launched last year on July 19, 2017, rolls back into town for the summer season on April 28th. During the winter, local transportation staff and the bikes manufacturer, Bewegen, evaluated the successes, challenges, and lessons learned from the bike share’s first season and have made several operational adjustments in time for the program’s second year, which include:
- Hiring a part-time staffer who will be available locally to provide information on the system to users.
- Upgrading and improving the user interface of the mobile application, website, and kiosk.
- Development of instructional videos for users (i.e. how to adjust the saddle and test the battery life).
- Increased protocols for bike maintenance and service
- The addition of 40 bikes, bringing the total available to 128
Plans are also in the works to build six new bike share stations, three within Park City Municipal boundaries and three stations within the Summit County jurisdiction. The city has already identified two future station locations, at Park City Municipal Athletic & Recreation Center and North City Park, and are actively in the process of refining the third location. Click here to read full article.